Skip to main content

We Are Brothers And Sisters


JOHN 17:23 NLT 23 I am in them and you are in me. May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.

 Jesus indicates there is something about the unity of believers that will cause the world to believe. This does not mean we will ever agree on every doctrine, or that we must all join the same church denomination. No! God is a God of diversity who makes every snowflake and every person unique. God does not expect us all to think and be alike. But God does expect us to obey His law of love. We should walk in love and respect one another. Really we should do that toward all people -- how much more those in God's own family, our brothers and sisters in Christ.

 We will never agree on every detail of everything simply because we are all learning and growing. None of us knows everything yet. We are like the Apostle Paul and only know in part. JOHN 17:21 NKJ 21 "that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. Our unity must be based on being in Christ and our submission to Him as our Lord, not in all of us thinking and acting the same.

 Humans, being unique, will always approach things in their own individual way. Our unity can never be on the basis of conformity. Brothers and sisters are not all alike. We have different giftings, different callings, and different perspectives. Maybe you are certain that your doctrine is right and everyone else is missing it. You may be right! Regardless, your brothers and sisters have not been kicked out of God's family just because they have not learned all that you know. So quit trying to act like the parent and straighten out your siblings. God will do that. What we must agree on is that anyone who acknowledges Jesus Christ as their Lord is our brother or sister in Christ. No matter how goofy they may act, or how ignorant they may seem, they belong in our family and we have a responsibility to protect them and help them. Our Father God did not give us the responsibility of correcting them or judging them -- He can handle that task very well by Himself.

 A good older brother who has a younger sibling who is mentally or physically challenged will not join in with hecklers to torment, but protects his sibling from such attacks. Surely, when we realize that all who acknowledge Jesus are children of God, we can do the same for them. We must quit criticizing and condemning others who belong to the Lord Jesus Christ. It does not matter what they believe or don't believe on any other doctrine. If they acknowledge Jesus Christ is Lord, they are in our family -- we are on the same team. We should fight the devil and not our own family. I am not advocating compromise -- but maturity. We should not act like spoiled two-year-old brats. We are children of the King!

 REVELATION 12:10 NLT 10 Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, "It has come at last -- salvation and power and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters has been thrown down to earth -- the one who accuses them before our God day and night. Sadly, many Christians have helped the devil accuse our brothers and sisters in Christ. But we must not do the devil's dirty work! It is to be expected that other Christians will fail and do wrong -- not one of us is fully mature and perfect in Christ yet. When one of our family falls down, we should help pick them up instead of kicking them while they are down.

 SAY THIS: I will love my brothers and sisters and let my Father correct them if they need it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Now Believe God Loves Me

 1 JOHN 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  Although I have endeavored to walk with the Lord for awhile, only in recent times have I started to really believe God loves me. My problem was that I kept focusing on myself, instead of God. I saw myself in my immaturity with all my faults and failures. I was not looking at Jesus the perfect sacrifice, but focused on myself and my shortcomings.  Even though I spread messages on the love of God, I never had confidence that God truly loved me just as I was. Instead I thought more in terms of God tolerating me, but not being too happy with me. I was trying my best to do what I thought God wanted, not really realizing that I could never earn God's love.  Now I am realizing that God's love is not dependent on me, but is entirely dependent on God alone. He does not love me because I am lovable, but because by na

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne

Building Trust When Faith Wavers

  Mark 9:21-24 21 And He asked his father, How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, From childhood. 22 It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!" 23 And Jesus said to him, `If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." 24 Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, I do believe; help my unbelief." Since faith is the core of our Christian experience, the consequences of wavering faith are far-reaching. Vacillating trust can lead us to make wrong decisions. Sometimes, after praying for direction, we might receive an answer that leads us to think, I can’t do that. So, instead of asking God to strengthen our faith, we make excuses. We may choose to postpone our obedience—even indefinitely—in order