Skip to main content

Glorify God In Death


ECCLESIASTES 3:1-2 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

 Death is a part of life we cannot escape. The Bible does not say a certain time has been determined for you to die. It says it has been appointed for us to die once. After death there will be judgment (not reincarnation.) HEBREWS 9:27 KJV 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: There is a time to die.
When you have lived a full life, then it is time to face death. It is also a good time to die when you can glorify God by your death. Too many people think life is to be grasped at any cost. Whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's, and we should seek to glorify Him and please Him.

 JOHN 21:19 KJV 19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me. ROMANS 14:7-8 NLT 7 For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves. 8 If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. I am planning ahead to glorify God in my death.

Some people are only concerned with their comfort. But I desire to leave a good testimony pointing to the reality of my faith in Jesus Christ. When I have lived a full life and am satisfied I have finished my course, my plan is to make sure all my affairs are in order, then tell the Lord I am ready to come home. I don't plan to stay around doing nothing but causing trouble for my relatives just to be able to stay here on earth a few more days. Too many so-called "believers" don't really seem to believe in God and Heaven. They act like life on earth is all there is and every effort and expense should be exerted to stay here every second possible.

 PHILIPPIANS 1:21,23 NLT 21 For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 23 I'm torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. Should believers have to be dragged out of this life in a drugged stupor kicking and screaming to stay here in this sin- infested planet one more day, instead of joyfully giving up the ghost and eagerly going to meet our wonderful Lord Jesus?

 While none of us can claim to be experts on dying, Scripture seems to indicate that an individual has a part to play -- either in hanging on for dear life, or in giving up the ghost (spirit). LUKE 23:46 KJV 46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. GENESIS 25:8 KJV 8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

What kind of testimony will you leave behind? Will your friends and relatives see your life and death, and be inspired to follow you -- and the One you claim to be following, Jesus Christ? If you don't think it matters to God how you die, consider the hall of fame of faith in Hebrews 11. Three of those mentioned tell how they left this earth. The world needs to see that faith in Jesus Christ gives us a triumphant passage through death. So, let us die in faith, just as we have lived in faith.

 SAY THIS: When I am ready, I will die by faith and leave a good testimony.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...