Skip to main content

Take It!




MARK 11:24  "Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted you.

 The Greek word translated "received" is lambano, which means to actively receive. In English we use the word "take" to describe actively receiving. For example, the following scriptures contain the Greek word, "lambano." This may help you get a better understanding of what receive means when it translates this word, lambano.

 MARK 12:8 NKJ 8 "And they TOOK him and killed him and cast him out of the vineyard.
 JOHN 19:6 NKJ 6 ...Pilate said to them, "You TAKE Him and crucify Him, for I find no fault in Him." As the above passages show, sometimes lambano is translated as take or took -- and is not at all passive, but very active.
 MARK 11:24 SWANN 24 Therefore, I exhort you, All things whatever you pray for and ask, have faith that you have taken hold, and it shall be for you. So, this verse is saying to us that when we pray, we are to believe we take what we are asking for, and then we will have those things. How can we do that? We must take them by faith.

How do we "take them by faith?" We release words of faith based on what God has said in His Word, the Bible. We are not talking about forcing God to do something, but to receive (or take) what is already offered. How can you "believe you have received" something before you see it? Easy! You just need credible evidence. If someone you trusted told you they had deposited money in your bank account, you would not need to physically go to the bank and see the cash before rejoicing.



 Well, God -- who cannot lie -- has told us many things in His Word. When we pray in line with what God's Word already says is ours, that is our evidence on which we can base our belief. When God says it -- we can believe it. So that is our evidence by which we can "believe we receive" something when we pray. So, by our faith, we "take it." (We are not taking it from God. He has already given it to us.)

 SAY THIS: When I pray I am supposed to "take" the answer by faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...