Skip to main content

God Loves You More Than You Love Yourself



ROMANS 5:8  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

God has proven His love for you. HE GAVE HIS SON TO DIE FOR YOU! So don't doubt it.

What proves that God loves you more than you love yourself? He died in your place -- suffering the punishment for sin that you deserved, so you could go free. God was more willing to suffer Himself than to see you suffer.

Of course, the devil constantly tries to get you to doubt that God loves you. That's why you must rely on what the Bible says -- not what your feelings or circumstances may tell you. You may think you don't love yourself -- maybe you think you hate yourself. Even if you don't think too highly of what you have done, you still love yourself in the sense that you desire the best for yourself.

You don't desire pain or loss. So it is with God -- He desires good for you -- even more than you do. And He demonstrated at Calvary that He would put your interest before His own.

1 JOHN 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

There are at least two reasons why God loves you so much. First, it is His nature to love. The Bible says that God is love. Love is the word that best describes God's nature. Second, you are His creation. God loves you just as good earthly parents love their offspring. People may not seem very special to others, but to their mother and father they are always special. This should help you understand how God could really like you -- even though you may not like yourself very much. Also, God sees you as you can be and will become -- not just as you are now.

 God has faith in you and in His ability to make you someone special.

Lord, Today I choose to believe what the Bible says: God loves me. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...