Skip to main content

God Loves You More Than You Love Yourself



ROMANS 5:8  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

God has proven His love for you. HE GAVE HIS SON TO DIE FOR YOU! So don't doubt it.

What proves that God loves you more than you love yourself? He died in your place -- suffering the punishment for sin that you deserved, so you could go free. God was more willing to suffer Himself than to see you suffer.

Of course, the devil constantly tries to get you to doubt that God loves you. That's why you must rely on what the Bible says -- not what your feelings or circumstances may tell you. You may think you don't love yourself -- maybe you think you hate yourself. Even if you don't think too highly of what you have done, you still love yourself in the sense that you desire the best for yourself.

You don't desire pain or loss. So it is with God -- He desires good for you -- even more than you do. And He demonstrated at Calvary that He would put your interest before His own.

1 JOHN 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.

There are at least two reasons why God loves you so much. First, it is His nature to love. The Bible says that God is love. Love is the word that best describes God's nature. Second, you are His creation. God loves you just as good earthly parents love their offspring. People may not seem very special to others, but to their mother and father they are always special. This should help you understand how God could really like you -- even though you may not like yourself very much. Also, God sees you as you can be and will become -- not just as you are now.

 God has faith in you and in His ability to make you someone special.

Lord, Today I choose to believe what the Bible says: God loves me. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Now Believe God Loves Me

 1 JOHN 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  Although I have endeavored to walk with the Lord for awhile, only in recent times have I started to really believe God loves me. My problem was that I kept focusing on myself, instead of God. I saw myself in my immaturity with all my faults and failures. I was not looking at Jesus the perfect sacrifice, but focused on myself and my shortcomings.  Even though I spread messages on the love of God, I never had confidence that God truly loved me just as I was. Instead I thought more in terms of God tolerating me, but not being too happy with me. I was trying my best to do what I thought God wanted, not really realizing that I could never earn God's love.  Now I am realizing that God's love is not dependent on me, but is entirely dependent on God alone. He does not love me because I am lovable, but because by na

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne

Be Who You Are

 1 CORINTHIANS 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am.... ROMANS 12:2 And stop assuming an outward expression that does not come from within you and is not representative of what you are in your inner being but is patterned after this age; but change your outward expression to one that comes from within and is representative of your inner being, by the renewing of your mind, resulting in your putting to the test what is the will of God, the good and well-pleasing and complete will, and having found that it meets specifications, place your approval upon it. God is a brilliant Creator. He only makes originals -- not copies. According to Ephesians 2:10, you are God's work of art. God made you unique. So be all that God created you to be. Don't try to be someone else. Don't try to be an ear in the Body of Christ, if God made you a foot. Just be yourself. This does not mean that you cannot improve, or grow. Growth is part of God's plan. And we can certainl