Skip to main content

Temporary!




This is what you should say to your circumstances when they don't line up with God's Word: Temporary!

 2 CORINTHIANS 4:18  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

You may not realize it -- but problems often "speak" to you. They say things like, "You can't get rid of me. I'll be with you as long as you live." "Your parents died from this and you will, too." "Your family was poor and you'll always be poor. You'll never have abundance. You'll never get out of debt." Actually, it's the demonic forces behind the problems that speak to our minds -- trying to keep us in doubt and unbelief.

We must resist those thoughts -- and the first step is to talk back! We should speak to thoughts of doubt and unbelief that are contrary to what God has said in His Word -- for His Word is truth. Don't be passive. Resist!

James 4:7  Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

 The Bible tells us to resist the devil. That means to resist his thoughts and ideas, too. Long ago, God gave mankind dominion on earth. That dominion included naming things. You still have that form of dominion today. If you name your troubles as "yours" and "permanent" -- they will stay.

But if you call them "temporary" -- they will eventually leave. Jesus told us to speak to our mountains and tell them to be gone. But what should you say after you have spoken to the mountain and it's still there?:

SAY IT IS TEMPORARY!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...