Skip to main content

Faith can be a fight!




1 TIMOTHY 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life, to which you were called and for which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. 

Too many people have the idea that if something is God's will for them to have that it will just automatically happen without any effort or involvement on their part. Not so! We have to cooperate with God. We must believe what He says. We must resist doubt and fear. To walk in the fullness of blessing God desires for us, we must fight the good fight of faith.

Israel was our example. 1 CORINTHIANS 10:11  These things happened to them to serve as an example, and they were written down to instruct us, on whom the ends of the ages have come.

They had to fight the giants in the land to possess what God said was already theirs. The promised land belonged to them already because God had given it to them. But it was still inhabited by others (including giants), who had to be driven out before they could enjoy what was theirs. Since the Bible talks about the "good fight of faith," you know that standing in faith may often involve a struggle. There is a reason the Bible tells us to hold fast our confession of faith (Hebrews 4:14, 10:23). God knew we would be tempted to doubt because of the circumstances we would see in our lives. God knew that faith would be a struggle. So we should not be surprised at the fiery trials that happen to us. The devil is trying to steal our faith by trying to get us to doubt God's faithfulness to His Word.

 1 PETER 4:12 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. We may have to fight with our own logic. It may tell us it is impossible for things to work out, that God's Word will not work for us, that we should not expect good things to happen to us. But victory in and through Jesus is the plan of God. It is possible. We must continue in faith. That is the fight we must engage in.

 Jesus, I will maintain my faith in the Word no matter what life throws at me. I will do whatever it takes to maintain my faith in God. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...