Skip to main content

Jesus Paid For Your Prosperity


ISAIAH 53:5  AMP

5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole. 

Jesus, by His sacrifice on Calvary, paid for your prosperity. (The word translated peace in the verse above is "shalom." It means well-being in every way, not just inward peace, but what can be seen by others, and includes material prosperity.) Everything Adam lost through the fall was reclaimed for mankind by the sacrifice of Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:21-22, Romans 5:15- 19). Jesus took the punishment necessary for us to have peace and perfect well-being. With Jesus, God gave us everything He had (Romans 8:32).

God is not holding out on us. He has given us richly all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17). All the blessings of Abraham are available now to all people through Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:14). These blessings include good standing and fellowship with God, abundant riches, and long life (Genesis 13:2, Genesis 25:8). Abraham enjoyed all these blessings because of His faith in God. Jesus has been appointed heir of all things, including the Earth, and we are now joint heirs with Jesus (Hebrews 1:2, Romans 4:13, Romans 8:17).

But just as the children of Israel had to actively dispossess the giants in order to possess their promised land, which God said He had given to them, so we must actively possess our inheritance in Christ Jesus. God's promises must be actively received by faith. We possess what God said is ours, not by killing those who possess it now, or stealing from them, but by blessing them. As we bless others through ways like providing excellent goods and services, in return we prosper by God's blessing. By helping others we are blessed. While all things are ours, we reap a harvest of blessing based on what we sow.

It is like we inherited the whole farm, and are therefore rich, but if we don't plant anything, not much of value will be produced. So our prosperity is given to us in seed form. Now we live by the perfect law of liberty: whatever we sow, we reap, multiplied (Luke 6:38, Galatians 6:7). God does not send money out of Heaven. But He does send ideas. If we obey the ideas and put them into action, we will reap a rich harvest of God's blessing.

Jesus is our wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:30). As we allow Him to live His life in and through us, His wisdom will cause us to increase and prosper in all we do. Jesus said God feeds the birds (Matthew 6:26), yet we see they have to gather their food. God does not carry food to their nest and put it in their mouths. In the same way, God is also our provider, but we must do as He directs. We cannot be lazy or rebellious and expect blessing.

We don't have to earn God's prosperity. Jesus already paid the full price for us. We cannot add to the perfect sacrifice of Jesus. But we can only receive this blessing through faith (Romans 5:2). So we must believe it! When we believe something, we will act on it. If we believe prosperity belongs to us, we will not allow the devil to steal it from us. So we must resist doubt and unbelief, tools used by the devil to steal from us.

I thank You God, that Jesus already paid for my prosperity. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Now Believe God Loves Me

 1 JOHN 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  Although I have endeavored to walk with the Lord for awhile, only in recent times have I started to really believe God loves me. My problem was that I kept focusing on myself, instead of God. I saw myself in my immaturity with all my faults and failures. I was not looking at Jesus the perfect sacrifice, but focused on myself and my shortcomings.  Even though I spread messages on the love of God, I never had confidence that God truly loved me just as I was. Instead I thought more in terms of God tolerating me, but not being too happy with me. I was trying my best to do what I thought God wanted, not really realizing that I could never earn God's love.  Now I am realizing that God's love is not dependent on me, but is entirely dependent on God alone. He does not love me because I am lovable, but because by na

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne

Building Trust When Faith Wavers

  Mark 9:21-24 21 And He asked his father, How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, From childhood. 22 It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!" 23 And Jesus said to him, `If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." 24 Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, I do believe; help my unbelief." Since faith is the core of our Christian experience, the consequences of wavering faith are far-reaching. Vacillating trust can lead us to make wrong decisions. Sometimes, after praying for direction, we might receive an answer that leads us to think, I can’t do that. So, instead of asking God to strengthen our faith, we make excuses. We may choose to postpone our obedience—even indefinitely—in order