Skip to main content

God Enjoys Happy Children





1 CHRONICLES 16:31  Let the heavens rejoice, and the earth be happy! Let the nations say, 'The LORD reigns!'

There is plenty to be unhappy about on earth. But we can always be happy about the Lord and what He has done for us. We don't have to continually focus on the bad things happening around us. When we rejoice in the Lord it makes us feel better, and the Lord enjoys it, also.

ZEPHANIAH 3:17  For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

 God rejoices over you! He loves you more than you realize! God created you to live with positive emotions. He is happy and He wants you to be happy, too.

DEUTERONOMY 12:7  There you and your families will feast in the presence of the LORD your God, and you will rejoice in all you have accomplished because the LORD your God has blessed you. Under the Old Covenant God set aside times each year for His people to gather and rejoice in His goodness. We should learn from this that it is good to celebrate God's goodness.

 ISAIAH 65:18  Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy. God's creation should cause us to delight in our wonderful Father God and His amazing ability, creativity, and love. The Lord enjoys seeing His children grow up to become like Him. God likes us to be joyful and happy -- just like He is. It is a choice we can make!

 JOEL 2:21  Don't be afraid, my people. Be glad now and rejoice, for the LORD has done great things. Life is not always easy and perfect. The natural flow on earth is not happiness. But by faith we can look past our temporary circumstances to our eternal God. We can choose to rejoice and be happy regardless of our circumstances. This is part of God's instruction that will enable us to walk in victory and overcome.

 PHILIPPIANS 4:4  Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again -- rejoice!

 I am one of God's happy children!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...