Skip to main content

God Enjoys Happy Children





1 CHRONICLES 16:31  Let the heavens rejoice, and the earth be happy! Let the nations say, 'The LORD reigns!'

There is plenty to be unhappy about on earth. But we can always be happy about the Lord and what He has done for us. We don't have to continually focus on the bad things happening around us. When we rejoice in the Lord it makes us feel better, and the Lord enjoys it, also.

ZEPHANIAH 3:17  For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

 God rejoices over you! He loves you more than you realize! God created you to live with positive emotions. He is happy and He wants you to be happy, too.

DEUTERONOMY 12:7  There you and your families will feast in the presence of the LORD your God, and you will rejoice in all you have accomplished because the LORD your God has blessed you. Under the Old Covenant God set aside times each year for His people to gather and rejoice in His goodness. We should learn from this that it is good to celebrate God's goodness.

 ISAIAH 65:18  Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness. Her people will be a source of joy. God's creation should cause us to delight in our wonderful Father God and His amazing ability, creativity, and love. The Lord enjoys seeing His children grow up to become like Him. God likes us to be joyful and happy -- just like He is. It is a choice we can make!

 JOEL 2:21  Don't be afraid, my people. Be glad now and rejoice, for the LORD has done great things. Life is not always easy and perfect. The natural flow on earth is not happiness. But by faith we can look past our temporary circumstances to our eternal God. We can choose to rejoice and be happy regardless of our circumstances. This is part of God's instruction that will enable us to walk in victory and overcome.

 PHILIPPIANS 4:4  Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again -- rejoice!

 I am one of God's happy children!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Now Believe God Loves Me

 1 JOHN 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  Although I have endeavored to walk with the Lord for awhile, only in recent times have I started to really believe God loves me. My problem was that I kept focusing on myself, instead of God. I saw myself in my immaturity with all my faults and failures. I was not looking at Jesus the perfect sacrifice, but focused on myself and my shortcomings.  Even though I spread messages on the love of God, I never had confidence that God truly loved me just as I was. Instead I thought more in terms of God tolerating me, but not being too happy with me. I was trying my best to do what I thought God wanted, not really realizing that I could never earn God's love.  Now I am realizing that God's love is not dependent on me, but is entirely dependent on God alone. He does not love me because I am lovable, but because by na

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne

Building Trust When Faith Wavers

  Mark 9:21-24 21 And He asked his father, How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, From childhood. 22 It has often thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, take pity on us and help us!" 23 And Jesus said to him, `If You can?' All things are possible to him who believes." 24 Immediately the boy's father cried out and said, I do believe; help my unbelief." Since faith is the core of our Christian experience, the consequences of wavering faith are far-reaching. Vacillating trust can lead us to make wrong decisions. Sometimes, after praying for direction, we might receive an answer that leads us to think, I can’t do that. So, instead of asking God to strengthen our faith, we make excuses. We may choose to postpone our obedience—even indefinitely—in order