Skip to main content

Throw Your Cares On The Lord




1 PETER 5:6-7  And God will exalt you in due time, if you humble yourselves under his mighty hand by casting all your cares on him because he cares for you.

Worry is associated with pride, as these verses reveal, for being humble is the opposite of pride. And pride will, sooner or later, cause you to fail, instead of lifting you up. A person who worries is proud because their action shows they think they are better and more compassionate than God. When you analyze it, the thinking behind worry is really "God is not doing a good enough job taking care of me, so I better take over and figure something out on my own."

 Pride makes us think we can handle things on our own -- apart from God. Jesus said that without Him we can do nothing -- at least nothing that amounts to anything. (We certainly can mess up all by ourselves.) One way to humble ourselves is to just put our lives in God's hands and trust Him. It's like getting in a car someone else is driving. You don't want to get in the car of a stranger who may be untrustworthy. But God loves you more than you love yourself and desires the best for you, so you can trust Him. God knows how to drive and what is needed to get you where you need to go. Since He loves you enough to die for you, surely you can trust Him with smaller issues.

The word "casting" in 1 Peter 5:7 means "to throw." Whatever is a burden to you, is troubling you, weighing you down, causing you concern, or tempting you to worry is included in what you are to throw over on the Lord. God wants us to throw all those things over on Him, trusting Him to work it all out for the best. Then once you really throw them over to Him, you'll have peace in your heart even though the problems still exist, because you know the Lord is working. Throwing something is not the same as pushing it aside a little bit. Throwing something pictures getting rid of it completely. When you throw something you don't have it anymore. Instead of throwing the concern of the things they face over to God, many just try to push them away a little at a time. They ask God to help them, but they keep trying to solve things on their own. Yes, we have a part to play, and we can't just lock ourselves in a room and expect God to go out and live our lives for us.

But the part we have to play is obedience. When God directs us to do something we are to do it. But worrying ahead of time about what will happen does no good. You may find it helpful to perform a symbolic physical act like writing all your "cares" on a paper that you then throw into the trash. Symbolizing your faith by an act like this may make it more real to you. Read the following translations to help you meditate on this verse and let the meaning deeply affect your thinking.

1 PETER 5:7 NLT 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

1 PETER 5:7 AMPLIFIED 7 Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

1 PETER 5:7 NJB 7 unload all your burden on to him, since he is concerned about you.

1 PETER 5:7 CEV 7 God cares for you, so turn all your worries over to him.

1 PETER 5:7 GNB 7 Leave all your worries with him, because he cares for you.

Although things may not be clear to you now, and things may not seem to be working out, God is trustworthy. So don't depend on your own understanding, but trust in God. He knows what He is doing, and He loves you. You will understand better later on. Worrying will never help. Instead of worrying and being anxious, throw all your cares on the Lord.

Jesus, I need Your help, so I throw all my concerns over on You, trusting You to work it all out for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...