Skip to main content

Hold Fast What Is Good





1 THESSALONIANS 5:21  Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

 Sometimes things that should be obvious to us are not. Like, if what you are doing is not working out, it would be wise to consider a change. Too many people are not receiving the blessings God's Word promises, things the Bible says God desires us to have. But instead of considering changing things in their life, too often people fall into the temptation of blaming God and thinking He is holding out on them.

 But that is never true! There is never any fault or problem with God. PSALM 84:11 KJV 11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

 If you are acting on the Word and planting good seeds, don't let the devil discourage you and cause you to give up too soon. But if the course of your life is going the wrong direction, and it is not getting better over time, then it would be wise to consider your ways -- and make changes. This is not something that should be done too hastily. Often the only thing we are doing wrong that keeps God's provision from manifesting in our life is giving up on our faith too soon.

 Jesus told us the kingdom of God works like a seed (Matthew 13:31, Mark 4:26). A seed takes time to grow. Just because full-grown blessing is not yet evident in your life is no sign it is not growing. If you do need to change, what are the changes you will need to make? Always it will be following the directions God gave us in His Word. If you think you are following the directions in God's Word, and they are not producing freedom, peace, and wholeness in your life (over time), then it is very possible you are somewhat inaccurate in your interpretation and understanding of the Word.

 Because acting accurately on God's Word will make you free. JOHN 8:31-32 NKJ 31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Don't be discouraged or disheartened. Just abide in God's Word and always look to Him and He will give you wisdom to know what to do.

 SAY THIS: I hold fast to what is good, and God helps me when corrections are necessary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Blessed Are Your Baskets, Kneading Bowls And Nets!

Deuteronomy 28:5   Blessed Are Your Baskets, Kneading Bowls And Nets! 5“Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl. In Bible times, reapers carried baskets on their backs to collect the harvest from the fields. They had to ensure that their baskets were strong and sturdy, so that what they collected would not fall out. The women of that day used kneading bowls to knead dough for making bread. If they used poor-quality bowls which broke easily, they would not be able to make bread. So baskets and kneading bowls in those days represented the means by which one got his tangible blessings. Beloved, your Father in heaven does not want you to worry about the means by which you get your blessings. Because of the sacrifice of Christ, He says to you, “Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.” This means that if you are a cab driver, your cab will not break down on your rounds because God says to you, “Blessed shall be your cab.” If you are a businessman,...

Don't worry...Jesus Is Your Righteousness

 ROMANS 5:1 NLT  Therefore, since we have been made right in God's sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. God offers righteousness as a free gift to everyone who receives the Lord Jesus Christ.  Righteousness means right-wise-ness, or being right. So righteousness is right standing, or good standing with God. It does not mean human "perfection." Righteousness is a gift from God -- not something you can earn or achieve. God simply declares that you are innocent, as far as He is concerned, because you believe in Jesus, and that makes you righteous.  1 CORINTHIANS 1:30 NKJ 30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God -- and righteousness and sanctification and redemption  You ARE righteous if Jesus is your Lord. In fact, Jesus IS your righteousness. As a believer in Jesus, you will never be more righteous -- no matter what you do. Romans 3:10 is a well known verse on this...