Skip to main content

Talk To God About Everything

 HEBREWS 4:13-16 NLT

 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. 14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.

 You should talk to God just as you would to a very well- respected friend. Don't worry about using any special form of words. Just talk openly, honestly, and sincerely from your heart. (This is what "prayer" is supposed to be.) God knows what you are thinking anyway. You can't fool God or hide anything from Him. God knows you better than you know yourself. And the wonderful thing is that God still loves you! Nothing that concerns you is unimportant to God. Remember, He even keeps count of how many hairs you have! God is not too busy to hear about every detail of your life. I have no idea how God can listen to all of us, but He can. He is not bound by time like we are. However He does it, we don't have to be concerned but can just trust Him.

 JEREMIAH 33:3 NKJ
33 'Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.' What a privilege to have the input and counsel of God who knows everything. Don't fail to take advantage of this tremendous opportunity. We are called into fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ! That means we should share everything with Him.

 1 CORINTHIANS 1:9 NKJ 9 God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. God invites us to fellowship with Him. That would include just discussing things. Just visiting. Just "hanging out" together. This is what God desires. So don't disappoint Him! Don't talk at God, talk directly to God. Prayer should not be a spiritual exercise you have to get through. It's a conversation with Someone who loves you, and is very smart. "But what can I say to God?" "Thank You!" would be a good start. What would you say to any friend who was with you? You wouldn't have any trouble figuring out what to talk about with them would you? "But," you say, "God doesn't talk back." Yes, that is a difference you have to get used to. True, God does not usually speak back to us in the normal human fashion. The main way He "speaks" to us is through inward impressions or ideas, all of which will line up with His written Word, the Bible. We have to learn His way of communicating.

 SAY THIS: God wants me to talk with Him about everything, so I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...