Skip to main content

Light and Easy




MATTHEW 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 

Christians often struggle in their walk with the Lord, but it should not be so. Have you ever thought, "It's so hard to be a Christian!"? I have. At one time I believed it was so difficult being a Christian that I had no motivation to tell others about the Lord. Living for Jesus just seemed too hard for normal people. How wrong and deceived I was!

Never forget that the message about Jesus Christ is the gospel -- which means good news! If you are having a hard struggle, it's not because of what the Lord is requiring of you. The problem lies with yourself -- in ignorance, pride, or unbelief, which the Lord will help you overcome.

Walking with the Lord is meant to be a joy, not a burden. Yes, there are trials and difficulties. But the Lord always helps us and delivers us. (Even if it results in martyrdom, we will be delivered!) Therefore, we can always trust in the Lord and rejoice in Him. When we do that, every day can be a joyful day. Living the Christian life is not supposed to be just a matter of our willpower, but a matter of trust -- faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the One who carries the load.

We are not qualified and capable of saving ourselves by our own effort. That's why we need a savior. Too many people are trying to save themselves, instead of trusting in Jesus to save them and make them into what He wants them to be.

PHILIPPIANS 2:13  for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. 

We do need to change -- to do better and be better. But our focus needs to be on Jesus and not on ourselves. We need to ask Him and expect Him to work in us and change us. The Christian life is meant to be a constant fellowship with Jesus and looking to Him in faith. Otherwise, in our own ability, it is impossible. Remember, Jesus is not out to condemn us, but to help us. He loves us, and proved it by dying in our place.

 Living for Jesus is easy because the Lord is my Helper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Now Believe God Loves Me

 1 JOHN 4:16  So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  Although I have endeavored to walk with the Lord for awhile, only in recent times have I started to really believe God loves me. My problem was that I kept focusing on myself, instead of God. I saw myself in my immaturity with all my faults and failures. I was not looking at Jesus the perfect sacrifice, but focused on myself and my shortcomings.  Even though I spread messages on the love of God, I never had confidence that God truly loved me just as I was. Instead I thought more in terms of God tolerating me, but not being too happy with me. I was trying my best to do what I thought God wanted, not really realizing that I could never earn God's love.  Now I am realizing that God's love is not dependent on me, but is entirely dependent on God alone. He does not love me because I am lovable, but because by na

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne

Be Who You Are

 1 CORINTHIANS 15:10  But by the grace of God I am what I am.... ROMANS 12:2 And stop assuming an outward expression that does not come from within you and is not representative of what you are in your inner being but is patterned after this age; but change your outward expression to one that comes from within and is representative of your inner being, by the renewing of your mind, resulting in your putting to the test what is the will of God, the good and well-pleasing and complete will, and having found that it meets specifications, place your approval upon it. God is a brilliant Creator. He only makes originals -- not copies. According to Ephesians 2:10, you are God's work of art. God made you unique. So be all that God created you to be. Don't try to be someone else. Don't try to be an ear in the Body of Christ, if God made you a foot. Just be yourself. This does not mean that you cannot improve, or grow. Growth is part of God's plan. And we can certainl