Skip to main content

Take What God Has Given You



JOSHUA 1:3 NKJ 3 "Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.

 God told Israel the promised land was theirs. Yet it was possessed by others -- some were even giants (which made it look impossible for them to possess.) God had given them the land, but they had to go in and take it. God would enable them to take possession, if they would only cooperate by believing Him. Yet they focused on the seemingly impossible circumstances and took their eyes off God's promise.

 HEBREWS 3:19 NKJ 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. Only one thing kept the people of Israel from taking possession of all their promised land -- unbelief! Maybe they felt incapable, but that was the devil's lie. Their capability was God! God had spoken! But they chose not to believe what God said to them. Today it is no different with us! The New Testament reveals many things which already belong to us because we are joined with Jesus Christ.

 These are not just promises, but statements of what is already ours because of God's wonderful grace. God has given us richly all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17, 2 Peter 1:3). Many of us are not enjoying much, but it is NOT God's fault. We are the ones who need to change. We need to change what we believe! Many expect Bible promises to just fall on them. But you have a part to play. Nothing automatically manifests in your life until you believe and act on God's Word. You must actively receive what the Bible says is yours. 

Very often in the New Testament the word "receive" translates the word "lambano," which means to actively receive. This word is often translated as "take." You must take possession of what God has given you. Without actively taking what belongs to you, you will not enjoy all God has provided for you. You must possess by your faith what God has given you by His grace. Remember that faith is the noun form and believe is the verb form of the same word in the New Testament. So if your beliefs don't line up with God's Word, then you need to change them, for God's Word is truth. What you believe makes a big difference in the way you respond to something being taken from you. If you believe something belongs to you, you will not readily allow anyone to take it from you. So when you truly know what belongs to you because of the great price Jesus paid, you will quit allowing the devil to steal it from you. God's desire is that you take, and continue to possess, what Jesus paid for you to have and enjoy.

 SAY THIS: Because it pleases God, I will take what God says is mine, which is all that Jesus paid for me to have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...