Skip to main content

Jesus Became Poor . . .


2 CORINTHIANS 8:9 NKJ  For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.

 Most people know that Jesus became poor. They just don't know why. Some people may tell you this verse refers only to being made "spiritually rich." Don't fall for that. Look at the context and you will see it is discussing money. "Then why aren't Christians rich?" The main reason is because of a lack of teaching on this subject. Everything we receive from God must be received by faith. If we don't believe it, we won't receive it. (Jesus died so that everyone could be saved. However, until people hear the message and believe it, they continue lost in their sins. Yet the price has already been paid by Jesus for their freedom.)

 Instead of teaching that prosperity is a blessing available to believers, most churches have taught the opposite -- that it was the will of God for us to be poor. What we need is to hear preaching and teaching about it being God's will for us to prosper. We need to continue in the Word on that subject, to be set free in that area of life.

 I am NOT saying being prosperous makes you a better person, or that it is a sign of great faith. I AM saying that poverty and lack is part of the curse -- which Jesus redeemed us from. God's prosperity is a growing thing that will not destroy you, unlike winning the lottery, or other get-rich-quick schemes. Time and continued obedience to God are required. But the fact remains, according to Scripture, Jesus became poor to set you free from poverty -- to make you rich.

 SAY THIS: Jesus became poor to make me rich.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

welcome to my blog

Oh the waterfall of cleansing Grace! Welcome to my Grace blog.  I hope to both share and start a dialogue about Jesus Christ and how his life, relationships and teaching have a practical working value in our everyday lives. To go beyond our belief of Jesus... and into our belief in Jesus. I hope we can learn more about how the finished work of Christ on the cross empowers his work in us in our daily lives. I hope we can grow in His Grace and Wisdom! The name came from a Joseph Prince story in his book  "Destined to Reign"...here's the story: Prince tells the story of a young boy who found a rock out in the woods. Though it looked rough at first, he rinsed it in the small waterfall of a nearby stream. Turns out, the rock was marbly, smooth, and full of color. Not wanting to lose the rock, and afraid someone would take it from him if he took it home, he buried it back in the dirt in a tucked away place before he went home for the night. There, he left it. The ne...

... that saved a wretch like me.

my story is not much different from any other alcoholic or drug addict who is in recovery. we sought out a higher power because our Lives be came on manageable. through much self examination we came to understand our defects in character... we reached out to others for fellowship and mentoring. I, as many have, came to believe in Jesus as my higher power and five years ago I accepted Christ... I got into a church and started reading my Bible. I slowly developed a thirst for knowledge of God in His Word. my grandmother has been sending Christian books for years and I just shelved them, so I already had a decent size Christian library. I also be came a big watcher of Christian television. I tried out several different churches... looking for a place I could feel at home in. having had a big interest in philosophy and world religions in college, I had sampled from the religion buffet. I guess you could say I became ravenous with my new found faith. I read and listen to anything I could ge...

Jesus’ Blood Is On The Mercy Seat

Leviticus 16:14 14He shall take some of the blood of the bull and sprinkle it with his finger on the mercy seat on the east side; and before the mercy seat he shall sprinkle some of the blood with his finger seven times. If you have watched the movie, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, you would remember that when the lid of the ark was lifted, strange-looking creatures floated out and destroyed the people around it. Interesting as it may be, this is biblically inaccurate — the ark of the Bible did not contain strange-looking creatures. What were the things inside it then? There were three items in the ark: the golden pot of manna, Aaron’s rod and two stone tablets on which God had written the Ten Commandments. (Hebrews 9:4) These items are actually symbols of man’s rebellion. The golden pot of manna represents man’s rejection of God’s provision. The rod of Aaron represents man’s rejection of God’s leadership and the two stone tablets of God’s commandments represent man’s...